This is the calendar of public holidays for 2017, as approved by the Canarian government.
– 6 January (Epifanía del Señor/Epihany)
– 2 February (Tenerife’s “island day” for patron saint Virgen de la Candelaria)
– 13 April (Jueves Santo/Easter Thursday)
– 14 April (Viernes Santo/Easter Friday)
– 1 May (Fiesta del Trabajo/Workers’ Day)
– 30 May (Día de Canarias/Canarian Day)
– 15 August (Asunción de la Virgen/Assumption)
– 12 October (Fiesta Nacional de España/Spain Day)
– 1 November (Todos los Santos/All Saints Day)
– 6 December (Día de la Constitución Española/Spanish Constitution Day)
– 8 December (Inmaculada Concepción/Immaculate Conception)
– 25 December (Natividad del Señor/Christmas Day)
In addition to the above 12 public holidays (11 regional/national plus 1 island day), each municipality has its own two days bringing the total number of holidays in any given area to 14. It is the proliferation of these two local days throughout the island that gives the impression that it’s the whole of Tenerife that is constantly on holiday. Those for 2017 will be announced in due course and I’ll add them below when they are published.