Updated 2 September: Police have confirmed that Arona Court 3 has the autopsy results which show that the couple who died in a holiday rental in Tijoco Alto were suffocated. It is thought likely to be the result of a faulty gas boiler leaking in the bathroom where there was inadequate ventilation, and the investigation now turns to a technical examination of that boiler.
Original post 30 August: The bodies of a couple from La Orotava were discovered last night in a rustic house in Tijoco Alto, police say. The couple, who were in their 40s, had just arrived at the property which seems to have been registered as a Vivienda Vacional. The Guardia Civil is investigating the incident and say that initial hypotheses suggest an accident of some sort, perhaps a gas leak from a boiler in the bathroom where their bodies were found. Police confirm that there were no signs of violence, and the bodies have now been removed to the forensic institute for an autopsy to be carried out and, hopefully, confirm the cause of their deaths.