Photo: Tenerife Cabildo.
The Tenerife Cabildo has announced a new edition of Circuito Tenerife Golf starting this Saturday, 27 May, in Amarilla Golf. The Cabildo says that the best amateur golfers in Tenerife will be there for the first test of the circuit, the eleventh time the competition has been held. Organized by the Cabildo through the Tenerife Golf brand, it is sponsored by the Federación Canaria de Golf and will play on eight of the nine courses associated with the brand.
Cabildo tourism councillor Vicente Dorta said that it was a great chance for local golfers and foreign residents to take part together in a tournament that promoted active competitiveness in an entertaining and participatory environment. The final competition will be held in the Golf del Sur to commemorate its 30th anniversary. Tenerife Turismo chief Alberto Bernabé emphasized that Tenerife provided a complete infrastructure for golf, which is a powerful attraction for the island’s tourism.
The Circuito Tenerife Golf will comprise (sponsors in brackets):
- 27 May: Amarilla Golf (The Players Golf Shop)
- 17 June: Golf Las Américas (Spring Hoteles)
- 15 July: Abama Golf (Cetra Alimentari)
- 22 July: Real Club de Golf de Tenerife
- 29 July: Golf Costa Adeje
- 5 August: Buenavista Golf (Meliá Hacienda del Conde)
- 19 August: Tecina Golf (Hotel Jardín Tecina)
- 9 September: Golf del Sur (Qwerty Hewlett-Packard)
In addition to Turismo de Tenerife and the Federación Canaria de Golf, the circuit is sponsored by: Adidas Store Tenerife, Coca-Cola, Fonteide, Canarias.com, Pirámide de Arona, Sal y Limón, Ayuntamiento San Miguel de abona, Perfumerías Lis, Tenerife Golf Club Hire, Restaurante El Churrasco and Restaurante Barrio Húmedo.