The Canarian Government roads department has announced that final surfacing works are being carried out over the next three weeks on the TF1 beween the Erques junction and Santiago del Teide. The works have started this morning and will be carried out in phases as follows. Works should be completed by 2 May.
1. Between the Guía de Isora and Chio junctions, with traffic diverted onto the TF82, the original road between Adeje and Santiago del Teide over 11, 12 and 13 April.
2. Between the Guía de Isora and Tejina-Piedra Hincada junctions, with traffic diverted onto the TF82 over 14, 15 and 16 April.
3. Between the Tejina and Erques junctions, with traffic diverted onto the TF82 on 18 April.
4. In addition to the final surfacing of the TF1, the works will also include the Fonsalia spur access and subsurfacing theBicho tunnel between 18 and 22 April.
5. Between the Chio and Santiago del Teide junctions, 29 April to 2 May, during which the Bicho tunnel will be closed. Again the TF82 will serve for diverted traffic.
The Canarian Government’s Consejería de Obras Públicas y Transportes apologises to residents of the areas affected and to drivers for any inconvenience caused by the works. The authorities ask the public to cooperate and take notice of temporary road signs during this period.