Councils offer free tax return assistance in collaboration with Agencia Tributaria Canaria

Updated 3 April: Icod de los Vinos Ayuntamiento is also linking up with the Agencia Tributaria to provide a free service for local residents to complete their tax returns. The council says that the sessions will be on 10 and 16 May at the antiguo Convento de San Francisco between 9am and 2pm, and again from 3.30 to 6.30pm. Again, appointments need to be made in advance, and to do this, call 902 100 056 & 922 842 706 Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm and Saturdays between 8am and 1pm.

Original post 2 April: The tax season is upon us, and one council, at least, is helping its residents in submitting their annual returns. Guía de Isora says that residents on the padrón can ask for assistance in completing their returns from the Agencia Tributaria Canaria itself, which is conducting the free assistance in conjunction with the council. The service is described as “itinerant” and so it’s possible that other Ayuntamientos will also offer it – it is worth asking at your local Town Hall.

For those in Guía de Isora, tax officials will be at the municipal auditorium (in a side road opposite the Cultural Centre) on 11, 12, 14, 16, 17 & 18 April between 9am and 2pm and again from 3.30 to 6.30pm. The council says that although the help is free, appointments must be booked beforehand: those interested should call 922 842 706 on weekdays between 8am and 5pm, and Saturdays between 8am and 1pm.

Municipal concejala de Hacienda, Carmen Alicia González, said that “the growing need [for this service] registered in recent years has encouraged the counncil to offer the utmost help to locals”. She reminded locals that they could also ask for further information at the Servicio de Atención al Ciudadano (SAC) at the Town Hall or in the sub-office at Playa San Juan concerning which documents they need to take to the appointment.

As I say, this service is described as an itinerant one, the result of collaboration between the Agencia Tributaria Canaria and the council, in this case Guía de Isora. It is very likely, therefore, that other councils will also be offering similar assistance so it is worth asking if this is something you’d like to take advantage of.



  1. I live in Granadilla which is not currently taking part in the tax advisory and assistance scheme. I want to do my first tax return this year but want to do it myself for years to come and not pay a gestor to do returns on my behalf. I would gladly pay for instruction on the nitty gritty of completing the return this year then submitting returns myself in future years. Do you know of anyone offering such a service? My affairs are quite simple – I have a UK government pension which is treated under Disposicion 5171 BOE 118 or the Spain UK double taxation agreement.

    1. Author

      The councils which are doing this are only doing it through the Agencia Tributaria anyway, which itself offers assistance. Have a look HERE, it gives links for direct help by app, phone or in a tax office.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.