Man dies in La Orotava gas bottle explosion

Emergency services say that a 61-year-old man has died in an explosion and subsequent fire in his home in La Perdoma area of La Orotava. The incident occurred shortly after 11am and although the cause has not yet been finally confirmed, it appears that it was a gas bottle which exploded since ti happened in the house’s internal courtyard where gas bottles were stored. Bomberos extinguished the fire and ventilated the property, but nothing could be done for the poor man who was gravely hurt in the explosion and who was subsequently pronounced dead  at the scene.

1 Comment

  1. does anyone know why these bottles explode? There must be thousands in use, would be interested in any reason or storage advice.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.