I hardly know how to post this, nor how to type through the river that I’m crying right now, but our Rosie died the night before last, poisoned in the hills. She was with her brother, playing to the end. He ate some of the poisoned food too, and he’s gone as well. They were in the end at our neighbour’s house, the one who owns the pups’ mother and who kept Rosie’s brother. He had the antidote we both keep against this sort of thing, but the dose was evidently so massive the antidote did nothing.
She was so loved, and we tried and I hope succeeded in giving her the best life a dog could wish for. She was almost human at home, but lived a full free and happy dog’s life in the mountains which her breed is at home in. I don’t know how people can put this poison down, but at least it was quick. Rosie didn’t make it home, but she died in the next best place, with her brother, at her “granddads”. I think if she could have spoken and understood, she would have been pleased that her page drew such interest, and that it brought her wonderful, sensitive, intelligent breed to a new audience. We are distraught, and will miss her beyond words.