Registration is now open for places on San Miguel de Abona’s 2013 guided walks programme “Pateando por nuestra Isla”. The first walk is 23 March, from Cruz del Carmen-Punta Hidalgo (Anaga). San Miguel mayor Valentín González and Sports Councillor Julián Martín say that they hope the walks will encourage people to get out and about in Tenerife, combining the benefits of physical exercise with the joy of seeing the beauties of the island. They hope that the six routes chosen will delight everyone.
The routes are:
- 23 March, Cruz del Carmen – Punta Hidalgo (Anaga);
- 13 April, Lunar landscape circuit from Vilaflor;
- 18 May, Barranco Ruiz – Las Aguas (San Juan de La Rambla);
- 1 June, Cueva del Viento;
- 19 October, Ruta de Los Túneles from Monte del Agua (Los Silos);
- 16 November, Ascent to Montaña de Guajara.
The Sports Department say that the dates and perhaps routes could be changed in the event of extreme or unfavourable weather conditions. The cost of inscription is €10 per person for those registered (empadronamiento) in San Miguel, and €18.75 for those from outside the municipality. Transport and insurance are included, and the walks are guided. For more information, call the Sports Department of San Miguel Ayuntamiento on 922 700 000, ext 242 or 297.