Photo: Alicia Barquero Padrón.
Updated 19 January: The programme of almond blossom walks in the Santiago del Teide foothills has now been unveiled and is as follows:
Saturday 26 January:
– 9am: General Route ALMENDROS EN FLOR
a. long walk, 5 hrs, high difficulty
b. short walk, 4 hrs, medium difficulty.
Sunday 27 January:
– 9am: Family Route, 3 hrs, low difficulty.
Saturday 2 February:
– 9am: Country day with lunch, 3hrs, low difficulty.
Sunday 3 February:
– 9am: Tourist route, 3 hrs, low difficulty.
Saturday 9 February:
– 6-9pm: Legends route, 4hrs, medium difficulty.
Sunday 10 February:
– 9am: No barriers route, for over 60s and those with diverse problems, 3.5 hrs, medium-low difficulty.
Saturday 16 February:
– 10am-1pm: “Lovers” route, 3 hrs, low difficulty.
For any further information tel: 922 863 127, ext. 234.
Original post 11 January: Santiago del Teide Ayuntamiento’s annual Almendros en Flor is always one of the most popular Almond Blossom Route campaigns in Tenerife, and it’s now in its 22nd year. These walks are always hugely popular because they’re through a stunning environment in the hills when the almond blossom is blooming, surrounded by beauty with an unbelievable scent filling the air. The council says that 2019’s Rutas will offer, as always, a range of walks and activities, and be organized in collaboration with various council departments and the Cabildo itself: as always, walkers are advised to wear comfortable clothing and shoes, and to bring water, sun protection, and a walking stick or pole. The programme will be unveiled shortly, so for anyone waiting to know when and where it’s going to be happening this year, you won’t have to wait much longer.