Three boys electrocuted inside substation

Update 1 June: Diario de Avisos is reporting that the 12-year-old boy was so badly burnt that he has been transferred to the specialist unit in Seville hospital, the main burns centre in Spain. The paper says that the transfer was made at the request of specialists in Santa Cruz due to the gravity of his injuries, particularly the burns on his back. The other two boys are said to be slightly improved though still critically ill. Unofficial reports say that the boys got into the substation through a grille previously broken by copper thieves.

Original post 30 May: Three boys of 12, 15 and 16 were badly burnt around lunchtime today after being electrocuted inside an electrical substation next to the football field in Calle Chacerquen, Santa María del Mar. The incident happened at 12.40 and emergency services were called out: in all, three ambulances, bomberos, local and national police, and power company employees were involved in shutting off the electricity, rescuing them and ensuring their safe transfer to Hospital Universitario Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria. Police continue to investigate but the boys are said to be in critical condition.


  1. Oh Lord! What silly boys – and their parents must be devastated. I do hope they recover.
    The awful truth is that nowhere is 100% secure, and if kids want to investigate where they shouldn’t, they will find a way.

  2. question is HOW did they get in there, was it left open?? All this will become apparent but in the meantime lets hope they are going to be okay.

  3. What where they doing in there in tbe first place. Incredible.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.